Luke had told us that he was going to have Zone Conference this week. I can't wait for Monday to hear about all these friends he made! I love when he posts :)
What a week! So many exchanges that Luke couldn't even keep track! There are 10 zones in the mission and Luke and his companion have to go on exchanges with each set of zone leaders each transfer. He said it is exhausting because there is such expectations when they do exchanges, the missionaries get excited to be with the AP's and expect to learn something, and Luke is just exhausted and wants to rest. :) But he is loving it. One perk is that he was able to go to his first area this week! It was exciting to see how people were doing. And of course Natalia, his second mom, was so excited to see him again! The real exciting news this week was that Gustavo and Natalia got baptized!!!! So excited for them! They worked so hard to get to this point and they finally got to enter the waters of baptism and make a covenant with Heavenly Father! What a huge blessing! Elder Backman told Luke it was so funny b...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE when Luke starts out our Monday discussions with "We saw miracles this week!" I love when he recognizes the Lord's hands in the work! This week Luke and Elder Childs had a discussion with a couple named Jonathon and Milagos (sp?) They are a young couple that is not married and they have a baby. He is 21 and she is only 18!!!! Wow that is young! They started out and Jonathon was really interested but Milagos was not so much. In fact she left during the discussion. A little later she came back and they were in the middle of reading the Book of Mormon with Jonathon. Suddenly she came in and joined in on the discussion. Luke said it is another testament of the Book of Mormon! She really opened up to them and as they were reading in 3 Nephi 18 they were talking about the sacrament and Sacrament meeting, they found out that her parents were taking the discussions but never got baptized because they weren't marr...
What a fun surprise to have Elder Rose call me for my birthday!!! I was at Kim's house having a little birthday breakfast when he called so he also got to say hi to some friends :) And then he called later in the middle of the Homecoming Football game and so I couldn't hear him at all. In fact we played charades a little bit. I was trying to read his lips :) It made my day to talk to him. Man I love that boy!
Comments
Post a Comment